Five Aims of Tae Kwon Do
- COURTESY – Treat others with respect, the way you would like to be treated
- HUMILITY – Someone who has humility is not proud and does not believe they are better than other people.
- PERSEVERANCE – Sticking to your goals even when the going gets tough.
- SELF-CONTROL – Control your emotions, even when things are not going the way that you would like them.
- INTEGRITY – Always conduct yourself with total honesty.
11 Commandments of Tae Kwon Do
- Loyalty to your country
- Respect your parents
- Faithfulness to your spouse
- Respect your brothers and sisters
- Loyalty to your friends
- Respect your elders
- Respect your teacher
- Never take life unjustly
- Indomitable spirit
- Loyalty to your school
- Finish what you begin, Sir.
- I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that wold reduce my mental growth or physical health.
- I intend to develop self-discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.
- I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively, to help myself and my fellow man and never to be abusive or offensive.